When you’re off work and enjoying home time with friends and family, a staycation could be the perfect way to enjoy your time off without traveling far from home. After all, as an owner operator driver, you get more than your fair share of time on the road! Here are some staycation ideas from Greatwide Logistics.
- Throw a Low-Key Party: Enjoy time indulging in your favorite foods with your favorite people on the patio, all without spending a lot of money.
- Take the Family Bicycling: You don’t have to be an experienced biker to enjoy the trails with your family. Be sure to wear the proper safety gear!
- Have a Picnic: Pack some simple food and a blanket for lunch in a park. Bring a kite if it’s a windy day!
- Host a Movie Night: Provide plenty of snacks and invite your guests to dress down for a night in at the movies.
- Have a Swim Day: Go to the neighborhood pool for a low-key day of poolside fun. Water parks take swimming to a whole new level, so if you have one nearby, enjoy a daylong staycation at the water park.
- Go Camping: You don’t even have to stay the night. Simply enjoy nature for an afternoon with your family, roasting hotdogs and marshmallows by the campfire.
- Go to a Baseball Game: The little leagues might not be quite the same as professional teams, but the price is right! Support your very own little leaguer or bring the whole family just for fun, even if you don’t personally know anyone playing.
- Enjoy a Local Concert: Check the paper for “concerts in the park” or similar events. Pack a lunch, bring some camping chairs, and make a staycation out of it!
- Visit the Local Farmer’s Market: Have the kids help pick out what they want to try. Everyone will have fun choosing colorful fruits and veggies for the dinner table that night.
For more staycation ideas, or for additional information on becoming an owner operator driver with Greatwide Logistics, be sure to connect with us on LinkedIn. Then, see what truckers are discussing on Facebook and Twitter.